EWMA has a long history of applying innovative technologies to benefit our clients. The latest emerging technology uses enzymes as a sustainable alternative for remediation of soil and groundwater. Enzymes are naturally occurring-chemicals found within living organisms. Enzyme remediation is a hybrid chemical/biological treatment technology in which these chemicals are used to accelerate the breakdown of hazardous compounds in soil and groundwater. Recent advancements in biology have allowed for the isolation and purification of these enzymes for various uses. The enzymes are grown and harvested under ideal conditions then injected into contaminated soil or water. This is advantageous because subsurface conditions do not have to be altered to grow bacteria for the removal of contamination. Also, the enzymes target the contamination more efficiently than other types of in-situ remediation, and it does not generate any waste or require any disposal. As a result, enzyme remediation has the potential to reduce the cost and time required to remediate sites impacted by organic compounds.
EWMA’s Latest Environmental Updates[ewma_post_shortcode]
Join our Mailing List
EWMA is a 100% employee-owned, New Jersey-based environmental consulting and remediation firm providing innovative and cost-effective solutions since 1987. We offer integrated environmental and engineering services for both public and private sector clients. EWMA is seeking a Project Manager that has a seller-doer mindset to manage our projects and find new business opportunities.
- Manage projects and serve clients as an Assistant Project Manager
- Evaluate environmental data from site investigation activities and develop conceptual site models and cost effective cleanup alternatives
- Review investigation and cleanup cost estimates to support remediation funding source and financial assurance requirements
- Lead company initiatives to help staff better interpret and apply NJDEP regulations and guidance
- Active participation in professional and trade organizations through volunteer speaking and writing opportunities
- BS or BA in Environmental Engineering/Geology/Science (Minimum); MS preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER
- PG, CPG, PE, CHMM, CSP professional licenses are pluses
- 2 to 10 years of experience
- Proven budget management, communication, writing, time management and organization skills
- Ability to work well with project teams
Location: Parsippany, NJ
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, prescription and vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life, AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program. www.ewma.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reply to: Staffing@ewma.com