Field Scientist or Geologist: 2 – 5 years Experience
EWMA, a premier regional environmental consulting and remediation firm, is seeking motivated environmental professionals to join our expanding team at our headquarters office in Parsippany. Candidates must possess a BS degree in environmental science, geology, engineering or a related discipline, have completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and have 2 to 5 years of relevant experience and background with an environmental, engineering and/or remediation company.
- With senior oversight, handles most aspects of case management / project management for commercial and industrial project work
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of Remedial Action Workplan
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution
- Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiency
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or a related discipline
- 4+ years of related experience. Must include fieldwork and office based experience in environmental consulting field;
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC
- Must have working knowledge of New Jersey’s environmental regulations
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision on field sampling, remedial system O&M, and related site characterization projects
- Excellent communication skills are a must and mechanical aptitude is a plus
Initial job responsibilities primarily will involve field work to support environmental site characterization, Phase I/II site assessment, engineering, and remediation projects. Field tasks include the coordination, implementation, and documentation of: soil, groundwater air, and soil vapor sampling; remediation system O&M; soil boring/well installation; contractor oversight. Office duties include data reduction/evaluation, technical analysis, and reporting of project work while working with and being mentored by senior staff.
This is a staff/career positions with opportunities for added responsibility and professional growth. EWMA offers competitive salary and benefits, a solid project base, stable work environment, dedicated clients and staff, and a commitment to quality and safety.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, prescription and vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life, AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development program. www.ewma.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reply to: Staffing@ewma.com.
Location: Parsippany, NJ